It’s an almost full night slate tonight, with one lonely afternoon game taking place at Wrigley Field. Madison Bumgarner leads the way on the pitching side, while there are some pretty nice hitting options if you are looking for stacks. I had a bad luck day yesterday as I missed the cash line by less than a point with lineups in both the afternoon and evening slates. I feel like it will be a good one today.
Here are your quick hits of the day:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Yan Gomes vs. Anibal Sanchez – 7/16 with 2 homers, 2 doubles and a walk
- Jonathan Lucroy vs. Gio Gonzalez – 6/10 with a double and 3 walks
- David Freese vs. Mike Leake – 11/22 with a homer, 2 doubles and a walk
- Nelson Cruz vs. Dallas Keuchel – 8/20 with 2 homers, a double and 3 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Blue Jays vs. Chris Young – Young is having a brutal season, allowing an eye popping 42.9% hard contact. Combine that with his usual high fly ball rate and it is no surprise that he has already allowed 22 homers in less than 60 innings. The Blue Jays have some good power hitters and are second in both runs and homers since June 1. Could be some fireworks at the Rogers Center today.
- Indians vs. Anibal Sanchez – Anibal is another guy having a brutal season. He is allowing an unacceptable 4.00 BB/9 and is not combining it with good strikeout numbers as his K/9 is down to 7.14. He is also allowing a career high 33.1% hard contact and a career high 43.3% fly ball rate – not a good combination. The Indians have had no trouble with Anibal this year as he is 0-3 with an 8.79 ERA and 1.674 WHIP versus Cleveland.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- A’s at Twins – Chance of rain
Pitchers of the Day:
- Zach Davies vs. Nationals – Davies is priced at a discount as he only costs $6,900 on FanDuel and $6,300 on DraftKings despite having a .264 wOBA allowed, 2.89 ERA and 26.4% K-rate in June. Back on June 24 he faced these same Nationals and he struck out 9 over five innings, although he allowed 7 hits and 3 runs. If he can have a bit more batted ball luck, this could be a nice start.
- Madison Bumgarner vs. Rockies – MadBum is clearly the best pitcher on the board and is priced as such but he is not that much higher than some of the other hurlers today. He is priced at $11,400 on FanDuel and $11,700 on DraftKings which still allows you to get some good bats in your lineup. The Rockies are a mediocre 23rd in road OPS and in case you needed some stats to prove Bumgarner’s worth he is 4th in WHIP, 2nd in ERA, 9th in K/9, 4th in K and 9th in FIP on the year.
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Miguel Sano vs. Sean Manaea – Sano has continued to own lefties with a .452 wOBA and 186 wRC+.
- Welington Castillo vs. Christian Friedrich – Castillo is one of the best against southpaws with a .465 wOBA and 192 wRC+.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.