Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for July 1
Happy Canada Day boys and girls! We have one early game on this holiday for Canadians, and, not surprisingly, it is the game in Toronto as the Blue Jays face the Indians. The night slate features some interesting games, and some really interesting pricing, especially on DraftKings. I have a good early feeling about this slate, so hopefully we can start July off on the right foot.
Here are your quick hits of the day:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Matt Adams vs. Matt Garza – 8/15 with 2 doubles and a homer
- Prince Fielder vs. Ervin Santana – 7/18 with 3 homers, a double and 3 walks
- Brandon Moss vs. Matt Garza – 7/13 with a double and a homer
- Daniel Descalso vs. Bud Norris – 8/21 with 6 doubles, a homer and 5 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Matt Garza vs. Cardinals – Garza has really struggled with the Cards, allowing the team a collective .349/.404/.479 line. And the Cards have been hitting everyone this year with a team wOBA of .348 and a team ISO of .203. Garza is an equal opportunity pitcher as he allows a terrible .365 wOBA to lefties and .349 wOBA to righties. I think the Cards will do some damage tonight.
- Orioles vs. Wade LeBlanc – LeBlanc is a pitch to contact lefty, and I can’t see that playing well against the Orioles and their potent offense. In his career, LeBlanc has a 6.06 K/9 and 4.61 xFIP. The Orioles are coming off an historic month where they had a remarkable .888 OPS and smacked 56 homers. Play your Orioles today.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Royals at Phillies – chance of rain
- Angels at Red Sox – chance of rain
- Cubs at Mets – chance of rain
Pitchers of the Day:
- Michael Fulmer vs. Tampa Bay – Fulmer has a pretty respectable 22.8% K-rate and the Rays strike out at a very high rate of 24.8% against righties. As we know, the daily fantasy sites heavily reward the strikeout, and Fulmer may have the best strikeout potential on the board. Tampa Bay also has the 2nd lowest OPS in the American League against right-handed pitching this year, so Fulmer can add to his already impressive run prevention numbers. This could be a good night for the young righty.
- Sonny Gray vs. Pittsburgh – Until DraftKings adjusts his price, I am going to be touting Gray every start. Gray allowed only a .290 wOBA and 3.23 ERA in June. The Pirates have been struggling somewhat offensively as their .671 OPS in June ranked dead last in MLB. Gray only costs $6,300 on DraftKings and he is a great value play.
- BONUS PLAY – Nate Eovaldi vs. Padres – The Padres are terrible against right-handed pitchers and Eovaldi only costs $5,400 on DraftKings.
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Danny Valencia vs. Jeff Locke – Valencia has a very solid .493 wOBA and 218 wRC+ against lefties.
- Brian Dozier vs. Martin Perez – Dozier is killing lefties with a .477 wOBA and 204 wRC+.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.