Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for June 27
I am insanely jealous today. My wife is a teacher and she is done work for the summer and my kids are off of school. Only daddy has to get out of bed and work. Once I get home from work and everyone is asleep tonight though, I will fire up MLB.tv on my phone go outside with a scotch and cigar and enjoy some baseball. It would help if my DFS picks panned out. Let’s see how we do today.
Here are your quick hits of the day:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Jose Altuve vs. Matt Shoemaker – 6/14 with a double, 2 homers and 2 walks
- Howie Kendrick vs. Francisco Liriano – 10/22 with 3 doubles, a homer and a walk
- Anthony Rendon vs. Noah Syndergaard – 4/10 with a double and a homer
- Colby Rasmus vs. Matt Shoemaker – 5/13 with a double, a homer and a walk
Stacks to Target:
- Blue Jays at Rockies – Try and save some cap space for this one – it will be a shootout!
- Rangers vs. Ivan Nova – Nova struggles against left-handed hitters with a .373 wOBA allowed and the Rangers have plenty of those in Rougned Odor, Nomar Mazara, Shin-Soo Choo, Mitch Moreland and even the struggling Prince Fielder. The Rangers have picked up the pace in June, ranking 5th in MLB in OPS at .801. This is another stellar match-up for them and they should take advantage of the short porch in right in Yankee Stadium.
- Indians vs. John Gant – This is almost the same analysis as above. Gant struggles with left-handed hitters with a .359 wOBA allowed and the Indians have plenty of them in Jason Kipnis, Carlos Santana, Francisco Lindor, Jose Ramirez and Lonnie Chisenhall. The Indians have picked up the pace in June, ranking 4th in MLB in OPS at .804. They too should take advantage of this positive match-up.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Mets at Nationals – Chance of rain
Pitchers of the Day:
- Jake Arrieta vs. Reds – Arrieta loves facing the Reds as his 0.816 WHIP allowed is his 2nd lowest versus any opponent against whom he has 5 or more starts and his 10.2 career K/9 is his 2nd highest versus any opponent against whom he has 5 or more starts. Arrieta faced the Reds once this year and threw his only complete game of the season. It was also a shutout. It was also a no-hitter! I am not predicting another no-no, but Arrieta likes this opponent and he is worth the price of admission today.
- Collin McHugh vs. Angels – McHugh faced the Angels and Matt Shoemaker just 6 days ago and outdueled his counterpart going 7 innings, allowing 5 hits, 2 runs 1 walk and striking out 6. McHugh’s ERA is still high at 4.70 but his .348 BABIP against would be a career high and his hard contact rate doesn’t support such a high BABIP. His 3.92 SIERA is more in line with how he’s pitching. The Angels are only 21st in OPS in June and I think McHugh can take advantage again. His price is also quite nice on both major sites.
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Logan Forsythe vs. Eduardo Rodriguez – Forsythe continues to hit lefties well with a .452 wOBA and 193 wRC+.
- Stephen Piscotty vs. Danny Duffy – Piscotty is actually league average against righties but his numbers against lefties are so good (.497 wOBA 221 wRC+) that it is making his season stats look great.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.