Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for June 26
Yesterday was one of those days that I had a good feel for the slate, but I just missed some big cashes. My Houston stack paid off, but I would have been much better off not paying up for George Springer and using Marwin Gonzalez instead. And I had a nice cheap Rangers stack to go along with high priced pitchers, but unfortunately Bumgarner was just OK against the Phillies yesterday. I still made a few shekels, but it could have been a great night.
As for today, I actually had more trouble than usual coming up with things to write about. Kershaw pitches against Pittsburgh, but this team has actually hit him a bit recently – he was winless in 2 starts against the Pirates last year with a 4.85 ERA and a 1.538 WHIP. A lot of the other big name pitchers have tough match-ups too (J Fernandez vs. Cubs, Sale vs. Blue Jays). Let’s see what we came up with.
Here are your quick hits of the day:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Jake Smolinski vs. Hector Santiago – 5/11 with 3 doubles, a homer and 3 walks
- James Loney vs. Bud Norris – 14/24 with 3 doubles, a homer and 3 walks
- Francisco Lindor vs. Justin Verlander – 5/12 with 2 doubles, a homer and a walk
- Edwin Encarnacion vs. Chris Sale – 5/11 with a homer and 2 walks
Stacks to Target:
- DBacks at Rockies – Another day – another day at Coors!
- Dodgers vs. Chad Kuhl – Kuhl started the season off really well at AAA and had an ERA under 1.00 until a few starts ago. Since then he has had a rough time, allowing 28 hits over his last 15 minor league innings and 20 hits over his last 9.2 innings. The Dodgers aren’t world beaters, but they are a major league lineup and it looks like Kuhl’s major league debut is coming at the wrong time. Bet on the Dodgers today.
- Reds vs. Luis Perdomo – Perdomo has actually been very unlucky with a sky high BABIP allowed, a crazy low strand rate and a really high HR/FB%. That said, his ERA still sits at 9.00 in 47 innings pitched, and in his last 22 innings he has allowed 24 runs. The Reds are improving on offense and are 4th in the National League in runs scored in June. Fire them up!
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Jays at White Sox – Chance of rain
- Astros at Royals – Chance of rain
Pitchers of the Day:
- Johnny Cueto vs. Phillies – Cueto is the top tiered pitcher on this slate who has a good match-up against the Phillies who are 28th in OPS versus right-handed pitchers. Cueto has allowed 2 runs or less in 9 straight games and has gone 7+ innings in 6 of those 9 games. I am a bit worried about Kershaw, Sale and J Fernandez, so I’ll be playing a bunch of Johnny Beisbol today.
- Sonny Gray vs. Angels – Despite showing some good form since coming off the disabled list, Gray’s price continues to drop. He costs a mere $5,900 on DraftKings today. Gray has allowed 2 earned runs or less in 3 of his 4 starts since coming off the DL and should do so again today. The Angels are only 20th in OPS versus righties. This is a good way to get some high priced bats in your lineup.
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Danny Valencia vs. Hector Santiago – Valencia may be the best major league hitter against southpaws this year with a .522 wOBA and 240 wRC+.
- Xander Bogaerts vs. Martin Perez – Bogaerts hits everyone, but he has especially loved playing lefties this year with a .432 wOBA and 170 wRC+.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Greenbrier Classic - July 5, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Quicken Loans National - June 28, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Travelers Championship - June 21, 2017