Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for June 25
Happy Saturday everyone! It is the first Saturday of the summer, and hopefully you all enjoy it with some family, some swimming and some outdoor play – and of course, with some baseball. I’ll probably be hanging out in my backyard with my kids while streaming some baseball on MLB.tv. Sounds like a good time to me. Let’s see how our DFS slate is looking today.
Here are your quick hits of the day:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Yan Gomes vs. Anibal Sanchez – 7/14 with 2 doubles, 2 homers and a walk
- Jose Abreu vs. R.A. Dickey – 5/12 with 3 homers and a double
- Rickie Weeks vs. Jorge de la Rosa – 5/11 with 3 doubles and 4 walks
- DJ LeMahieu vs. Shelby Miller – 6/13 with a homer, a double and 2 walks
Stacks to Target:
- DBacks at Rockies – Another day – another day at Coors!
- Astros vs. Chris Young – You all would have been happy if I picked the Astros to stack yesterday. Hopefully I didn’t miss the boat here, but I think the Astros are in for another good game against Young. Young has a 5.61 ERA and 6.99 FIP despite a strand rate of 88.4% and a BABIP of .265. Young is allowing a crazy amount of hard contact at 40.4% which is not good for a pitcher who allows 53.7% fly balls, which has led to his sky high 23.8% HR/FB rate. The wind is blowing out in Kansas City today, and Houston has some good power bats. I think Young is in for a long (or maybe short) day.
- Indians vs. Anibal Sanchez – Sanchez just hasn’t been the same guy this year as his strikeouts are down, his walks are up and his hard contact and fly ball rates are way up – they would both represent career highs. Anibal’s 5.97 ERA is supported with a 5.15 xFIP. The Indians have been hitting the ball pretty well recently and they have hit Sanchez hard this year. In his last home start versus Cleveland, Sanchez allowed 9 hits and 7 runs in only 2.1 innings. The Indians may have a field day.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Astros at Royals – 15 MPH wind blowing out
- Red Sox at Rangers – 13 MPH wind blowing in
Pitchers of the Day:
- Madison Bumgarner vs. Phillies – Just because it’s obvious doesn’t mean you don’t use it. The Phils have a .262 team wOBA versus southpaws and a 23.4% K-rate versus lefties. Bumgarner has been at his absolute best this year ranking 3rd in the NL in ERA, 5th in Ks and 8th in K/9 with what would be a career high. He’ll be a great source of points and a good guy to build lineups around.
- Kevin Gausman vs. Rays – The Rays have a nice power hitting lineup, but they have struck out a ton this year, especially against righties with a 25.3% K-rate. Gausman has been at or above a strikeout per inning in four of his last six starts and struck out 7 Rays in only five innings back in April (and allowed only three hits and one earned run). I could see a longer start with even more strikeouts today.
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Scott van Slyke vs. Jeff Locke – .399 wOBA and 156 wRC+ in a small sample size versus lefties this year, but .374 wOBA and 142 wRC+ in his career versus southpaws.
- Albert Pujols vs. Dillon Overton – Pujols has become a lefty hitting specialist in his old age, hitting southpaws with a .359 wOBA and 131 wRC+.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Greenbrier Classic - July 5, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Quicken Loans National - June 28, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Travelers Championship - June 21, 2017