Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for June 21
Well – yesterday’s supposed Kershaw vs. Strasburg match-up was a dud. The good news for me was that I was able to swap out Strasburg on DraftKings before the game started. The bad news is that I didn’t have the salary for Kershaw and was forced to go with Yusmeiro Petit (who wasn’t actually so bad). I managed to cash on 5 of 8 lineups despite Strasburg’s late injury. Let’s see if we can do even better today.
Here are your quick hits of the day:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Xander Bogaerts vs. Chris Sale – 5/10 with a homer and a walk
- James Loney vs. Ian Kennedy – 7/17 with 4 doubles, a homer and a walk
- Neil Walker vs. Ian Kennedy – 9/21 with a double and 3 homers
- Yadier Molina vs. Jason Hammel – 7/16 with 4 doubles and 2 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Orioles vs. Luis Perdomo – Perdomo has been pretty terrible this year and doesn’t get any help with this match-up as the Orioles are easily a top 5 offense in the majors. Baltimore ranks a solid 3rd in OPS versus righties at .807, and Perdomo has struggled heavily against right-handed bats allowing a .454 wOBA. Look for Trumbo, Adam Jones and others to do damage.
- Blue Jays vs. Patrick Corbin – Don’t look now, but the Blue Jays offense seems to have found their stride offensively. They have Devon Travis and Troy Tulowitzki back, and once Joey Bats returns they will have their full squad. They are up to 14th in OPS versus lefties but are 3rd in homers. Homer prone Corbin allows 39.2% hard contact. I like Donaldson, Encarnacion and the boys to put up some numbers.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Padres at Orioles – chance of rain
- White Sox at Red Sox – 11 MPH wind blowing out
- Mariners at Tigers – 11 MPH wind blowing out
- Brewers at A’s – 11 MPH wind blowing out
Pitchers of the Day:
- Jose Fernandez vs. Braves – The Braves can’t hit and Fernandez can pitch pretty well. Jose leads the majors in K-rate and has a 34.0 K-rate since the beginning of last year along with a 2.62 SIERA. The Braves have a .288 wOBA versus right-handed starters, and it doesn’t look to get better today.
- Sonny Gray vs. Brewers – Gray is still in the discount bin despite his recent much better form. The Brewers represent a good match-up as they strike out a lot (25.7% versus right-handed pitchers) which could mean a nice bump in points for Gray. This is a great play, especially in two-pitcher formats.
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Jayson Werth vs. Scott Kazmir – Werth has an impressive .452 wOBA and 188 wRC+ versus lefties.
- Josh Donaldson vs. Patrick Corbin – Donaldson has a career .410 wOBA and 166 wRC+ versus lefties.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – AT&T Byron Nelson - May 17, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – THE PLAYERS Championship - May 10, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Wells Fargo Championship - May 3, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Valero Texas Open Preview - April 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Masters Preview - April 5, 2017