Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for May 24
There are some definite obvious plays on the board today. The trouble will be getting the players you want in under the salary cap. Let’s see if we can both find you the chalk and squeeze out the value in this slate.
Here are your quick hits of the day:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Justin Upton vs. Jeremy Hellickson – 5/13 with 2 homers 2 doubles and 3 walks
- Austin Jackson vs. Josh Tomlin – 7/16 with 4 doubles a homer and a walk
- Dustin Ackley vs. R.A. Dickey – 6/13 with 2 homers and a walk
- Josh Donaldson vs. Nathan Eovaldi – 3/10 with 2 homers a double and a walk
Stacks to Target:
- Red Sox vs. Jorge de la Rosa – While I may be stating the obvious here, some people might shy away from picking on de la Rosa outside of Coors. Don’t make that mistake. De La Rosa has a .488 wOBA against to righties this year and a crazy high .511 wOBA allowed outside of Coors. The Sox can mash. This one might get ugly quick.
- Yankees bottom vs. R.A. Dickey – This is a bit anecdotal but one of my best lineups of the year came on a day where I played Scherzer and Kershaw together with the White Sox bottom of the order. (Coincidentally, it was actually Scherzer and Kershaw who were not in top form that night). The knuckleball is an unpredictable pitch and it is often the bottom of the order guys who can stay back and serve the ball into the outfield. A bottom of the order stack will allow you to get expensive pitchers in your lineup.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Angels at Rangers – 11 MPH wind blowing in
Pitchers of the Day:
- Jeff Samardzija vs. San Diego – The Padres simply cannot hit and Samardzija has been dynamite this year. As I have mentioned the last two days, San Diego has fallen behind the historically inept Braves in OPS versus righties. Keep picking on the Padres with good pitchers until they prove they can hit.
- Justin Verlander vs. Philadelphia – Don’t let the Phillies’ above .500 record fool you – they still have trouble hitting. And Verlander has rediscovered his form even if his surface stats don’t tell the whole story. His K/9 are up over 9 and his soft contact is at its highest since his heyday in 2011. A flukishly high HR/FB (it would be a career high if it stuck) is causing his ERA to be a bit inflated. I think he gets it done tonight.
Platoon Split Hitters:
- Hanley Ramirez vs. Jorge de la Rosa – Hanley sports a tidy .475 wOBA and 207 wRC+ against lefties this year. I would play him over Papi tonight.
- Yunel Escobar vs. Martin Perez – Escobar continues to abuse lefties with a .407 wOBA and 168 wRC+
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Dean & Deluca Invitational - May 24, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – AT&T Byron Nelson - May 17, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – THE PLAYERS Championship - May 10, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Wells Fargo Championship - May 3, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Valero Texas Open Preview - April 19, 2017