Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for May 8
How did you all do yesterday? I hope you listened to some of my recommendations as Jon Gray, Dallas Keuchel, Stephen Piscotty and a Rangers stack really paid off.
As for today, it’s a Jake Arrieta day, so that means if you are making multiple lineups, you’ll definitely be paying up for pitching in a couple of them. Let’s see if we can find some cheap pitchers to pair with Arrieta and some hitting bargains.
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Chase Utley vs. Marco Estrada – 6/10 with a homer 3 doubles and 3 walks
- Salvador Perez vs. Josh Tomlin – 9/14 with a homer and 3 doubles
- Andrew McCutchen vs. Michael Wacha – 11/19 with a homer 3 doubles and 2 walks
- Marwin Gonzalez vs. Hisashi Iwakuma – 8/16 with a homer and a double
Stacks to Target:
- Diamondbacks vs. Mike Foltyniewicz – It’s surprising that someone with as little command as Foltyniewicz is starting for a major league team. Maybe a few years down the road, when he can harness his fastball, he could be effective. But right now this dumpster fire has allowed a .417 wOBA to left-handed bats in his career. And he is not much better against righties who have a .364 wOBA against him. I would start with Jake Lamb and David Peralta, but all your DBacks are good plays today.
- Tigers vs. Martin Perez – This one is a bit of a hunch. The Tigers’ righty heavy lineup has not started hitting lefties yet, but I think it is only a matter of time. Perez is a pitch to contact lefty with a .340 career wOBA allowed to right-handed bats. Get Justin Upton, Victor Martinez, JD Martinez and Miguel Cabrera ready.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Diamondbacks at Braves – 10 MPH wind blowing out
- Rays at Angels – 11 MPH wind blowing out
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- Justin Nicolino vs. Phillies – The Phillies are the second worst team in MLB in OPS versus left-handed starters and they get Nicolino today. Nicolino has limited upside in DFS because he does not strike out a lot of guys, but if you are looking for a cheap cash game play to pair with Arrieta, this is a pretty safe play.
- Chris Tillman vs. Oakland – The A’s struggle with righties ranking 23rd in team OPS. And Tillman is dynamite at home – he has a 1.80 home ERA this year and it was 2.54 in 2014. Last year his home ERA was 4.56, but that was over a run better than it was on the road and his wOBA allowed was a more than respectable .298. I like Tillman at Camden, especially against a relatively weak hitting team.
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- David Peralta vs. Foltyniewicz – Peralta has a .342 wOBA against right-handed hurlers on the season.
- Justin Upton vs. Perez – Upton has struggled out of the gate but has a career .375 wOBA against southpaws.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Go to Fantasy Rundown for additional DFS picks from some of the top sites on the web.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Dean & Deluca Invitational - May 24, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – AT&T Byron Nelson - May 17, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – THE PLAYERS Championship - May 10, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Wells Fargo Championship - May 3, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Valero Texas Open Preview - April 19, 2017