Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for April 29
I’m just now coming to grips with the fact that noted power hitter Dee Gordon was busted for steroids. At least I am looking like a genius for ranking him way below all of the other Fantasy Assembly guys in our pre-season rankings. As for today, the Rockies are finally out of Coors which makes daily fantasy more fun. There are some good mid-priced pitching options, so I am looking forward to making some lineups.
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Brandon Phillips vs. Juan Nicasio – 5/8 with 2 doubles and a homer
- Josh Donaldson vs. Drew Smyly – 6/11 with 2 doubles 2 homers and a walk
- Miguel Cabrera vs. Phil Hughes – 17/38 with 5 doubles 5 homers and a walk\
- Mike Trout vs. Colby Lewis – 12/30 with 4 homers 3 doubles and 4 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Rockies vs. Robbie Ray – The Rockies are out of Coors but they still have a good match-up. This team mashes lefties with a slugging percentage over .500 on the season, and Robbie Ray is decent but hittable. I think people will be off the Rockies tonight but not me (or you).
- White Sox LHB vs. Mike Wright – Wright has a career wOBA allowed of .414 against left-handed bats so play Eaton, Rollins and Melky (and then throw in one of righty hitters Abreu or Frazier for a good stack).
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Angels at Rangers – 12 MPH wind blowing in and chance of rain
- Astros at A’s – 15 MPH wind blowing out
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- Aaron Sanchez vs. Tampa Bay – The Rays have the 2nd worst OPS in the American League against right-handed starters. And Sanchez has some good strikeout potential with 8.51 K/9 on the season. A good mid-priced play.
- Sean Manaea vs. Houston – Manaea is a good young pitcher making his major league debut. He has struck out more than a batter per inning at every level in the minors and now gets to face the Astros who strike out the most in MLB. Could be an excellent source of strikeouts even if he doesn’t pitch all that well.
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- Melky Cabrera vs. Mike Wright – Cabrera has a very solid .358 wOBA and 133 wRC+ versus righties. I like him as part of a White Sox stack tonight or on his own.
- Ryan Raburn vs. Robbie Ray – In case you forgot about one of my favorite platoon split players. Raburn has a crazy .512 wOBA and 202 wRC+ versus southpaws this season – which numbers are not even that far out of line from his career norms.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Need more DFS picks, waiver wire suggestions, prospect news and general fantasy baseball advice, head on over to Fantasy Rundown.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Dean & Deluca Invitational - May 24, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – AT&T Byron Nelson - May 17, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – THE PLAYERS Championship - May 10, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Wells Fargo Championship - May 3, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Valero Texas Open Preview - April 19, 2017