Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for April 28
Another profitable night – though it was bit frustrating. I was in 1st (and then top 5) out of 10,000 in one contest until the 10:00 games started. But those pesky Cardinals catapulted many people ahead of me in the standings and I went from winning 5 figures to 2 figures. What can you do?
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Ryan Howard vs. Tanner Roark – 3/9 with a double a homer and 2 walks
- Nolan Reimold vs. John Danks – 8/19 with 2 doubles a homer and 2 walks
- Ryan Braun vs. Jake Arrieta (if you’re brave) – 4/10 with a homer and 2 walks
- J.J. Hardy vs. John Danks – 9/25 with 4 doubles a homer and 3 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Pirates and Rockies – Coors Field effect. Yawn. I want the Rockies to go on the road already.
- Cubs vs. Jungmann – The young Brewers righty has a .357 road wOBA allowed over his career and it is .501 this season
- Cardinals LHB vs. Rubby De La Rosa – Lefties have a .375 wOBA against Rubby over his career. Fire up Moss, Adams, Hazelbaker and Wong.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- A’s at Tigers – Rain possible
- Brewers at Cubs – 12 MPH wind blowing in with rain possible
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- Clay Buchholz vs. Atlanta – The Braves offense is historically bad and Buchholz has held their current squad to a .186/.279/.194 line.
- Anibal Sanchez vs. Oakland – Sanchez’s stats look bad but his BABIP allowed is at .382 and his strand rate at 64.6%. His K/9 are up (though so are walks) and his soft contact rates are up (though so is hard contact). I think Sanchez gets back on track against an A’s team that struggles against RHP.
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- Anthony Rizzo vs. Taylor Jungmann – Rizzo has really struggled against lefties this year (.181 wOBA and 4 wRC+) but has excelled against righties with a .463 wOBA and 164 wRC+.
- Joey Rickard vs. John Danks – Rickard has been great against lefties thus far in his young career with a .483 wOBA and 226 wRC+ (vs. .262 and 62 against righties). He’ll hit at the top of the Orioles lineup and should be a nice cheap play.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Need more DFS picks, waiver wire suggestions, prospect news and general fantasy baseball advice, head on over to Fantasy Rundown.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Wyndham Championship - August 16, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – PGA Championship - August 9, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – RBC Canadian Open - July 26, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017