Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for April 22.
We’re almost a month into the season and tonight is our first full night slate of the season. It feels like we are finally getting into a baseball routine. As for today, the Rockies are back at Coors, so be prepared to face a lot of Rockies and Dodgers hitters in your DFS games as your opponents will likely load up. I’ll give you some differentiation options for GPPs. In cash, you might just want to join the Coors fun.
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Adeiny Hechavarria vs. Jeff Samardzija – 6/9 with a homer
- Logan Forsythe vs. CC Sabathia – 6/15 with 4 extra base hits including 2 homers
- Jose Bautista vs. Sonny Gray – 5/10 with a homer
- Evan Longoria vs. CC Sabathia – 24/64 with 14 extra base hits including 6 homers
Stacks to Target:
- Rockies and Dodgers – Coors Field effect. I honestly wish the DFS sites would have an option of Coors-free tournaments because it changes the whole game.
- Mets LHB vs. Bud Norris – Norris has allowed a .408 wOBA this year against lefties after allowing a .385 wOBA to lefty batters in 2015. Fire up Conforto, Duda, Granderson and Neil Walker.
- Tampa Bay RHB vs. CC Sabathia – Sabathia has been struggling with right-handed bats in recent years, allowing a .370 wOBA in 2015. The Rays are a nice hitting team against left-handed pitching, as David Price learned yesterday. I like this as a semi-contrarian play tonight.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Minnesota at Washington – Chance of rain
- Tampa Bay at Yankees – Chance of rain
- Cubs at Cincinnati – Chance of rain
- Mets at Atlanta – Chance of rain
- Texas at White Sox – 15 MPH wind blowing out
- Seattle at Angels – 12 MPH wind blowing out
- Miami at San Francisco – 14 MPH wind blowing out
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- Patrick Corbin vs. Pirates – The Buccos are last in MLB in scoring runs against left-handed pitching, scoring only 6 on the young season. Corbin is an above-average lefty and has a good shot of shutting them down.
- Adam Wainwright vs. Padres – This ordinarily wouldn’t be a sneaky play, but Wainwright has sucked so far this year. The Padres, however, suck worse against right-handed pitching, with a meager .526 OPS. If Wainwright can’t shut down the Padres, then we need to start worrying. I think he shuts down the Padres.
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- Brandon Guyer vs. CC Sabathia – Guyer is a nice cheap option tonight against Sabathia. He has been a lefty masher in his career with a .360 wOBA and 134 wRC+.
- Logan Forsythe vs. CC Sabathia – Forsythe hits Sabathia well and has continued his mastery of lefties into 2016 with a .401 wOBA and 170 wRC+ on the young season. It’s no small sample size fluke – Forsythe was equally dominant against southpaws last year. A great option at the top of the Rays order.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Need more DFS picks, waiver wire suggestions, prospect news and general fantasy baseball advice, head on over to Fantasy Rundown.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Dean & Deluca Invitational - May 24, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – AT&T Byron Nelson - May 17, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – THE PLAYERS Championship - May 10, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Wells Fargo Championship - May 3, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf – Valero Texas Open Preview - April 19, 2017