Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for April 18.
I hope some of you took my advice yesterday and started Steven Matz. I would imagine his ownership was quite low because of recency bias and you all could have reaped the rewards. It’s a short slate today with a lot of good pitchers on the board. Choose your hitters wisely. Also – for those playing weekly season-long, don’t forget that there is an 11:05 a.m. game in Boston today so get your lineups ready to go.
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Joey Votto vs. Jordan Lyles – 7/11 with 4 extra base hits including 2 homers and added 4 walks
- Zach Cozart vs. Jordan Lyles – 6/11 with 3 extra base hits including a homer and added a walk
- Michael Conforto vs. Jerad Eickhoff – 5/10 with 3 extra base hits including a homer and added a walk
- Martin Prado vs. Tanner Roark – 6/12 with a homer and a walk
Stacks to Target:
- Reds vs. Jordan Lyles – As you can see from some of the stats above, Lyles has struggled mightily with the Reds. As a collective the team is hitting .379/.444/.773 against the Rockies righty. Let’s see if it continues today.
- White Sox vs. Hector Santiago – Santiago is much better at home versus on the road and he travels to Chicago today. In 2015, he had a home wOBA allowed of .281 while it swelled to .350 on the road. The trends have continued thus far on the young season. I like the White Sox tonight.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Brewers at Twins – Chance of rain. May be rained out.
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- Jerad Eickhoff vs. Mets – With Eickhoff facing off against Noah Syndergaard, he will likely be really low owned, but Eickhoff has a career 1.33 ERA and .209 wOBA allowed at home. Granted, he is still in the very early stages of his career, but those numbers are hard to ignore.
- Phil Hughes vs. Brewers – The Brewers are not a great hitting team and have been really bad away from Miller Park. On the road this year, the Brew Crew has a .188 batting average and .572 OPS. Hughes could be in for a solid day.
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- Dexter Fowler vs. Mike Leake – Fowler has been obliterating right-handed pitching with a .514 wOBA and 221 wRC+. Leake is a middling starter and Fowler should stay hot.
- Michael Conforto vs. Jerad Eickhoff – I like Eickhoff today, but if you are going to fade him, slotting Conforto in your lineup is a nice move. In his career, Eickhoff has had trouble with lefties and Conforto smokes righties, with a .421 wOBA and 167 wRC+ thus far on the young season.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Need more DFS picks, waiver wire suggestions, prospect news and general fantasy baseball advice, head on over to Fantasy Rundown.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Wyndham Championship - August 16, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – PGA Championship - August 9, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – RBC Canadian Open - July 26, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017