Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for April 15.
Interesting daily fantasy day today as many great pitchers with some good match-ups toe the bump. The key to today will be picking the right pitchers and sprinkling in some low-priced hitters with good match-ups. Let’s see if we can help.
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Justin Smoak vs. Rick Porcello – 7/16 with 4 extra base hits including 3 homers and added 3 walks
- Marlon Byrd vs. Bartolo Colon – 6/14 with 2 homers and 2 walks
- Jose Bautista vs. Rick Porcello – 13/28 with 3 homers (including 2 this year) as well as 5 walks
- Albert Pujols vs. Tommy Milone – 9/27 with 7 extra base hits and 2 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Marlins LHB vs. Williams Perez – Perez is terrible against lefties, allowing a .376 wOBA over his career and the Marlins have few decent ones in their lineup including Gordon, Yelich, Bour and maybe Dietrich.
- Rangers vs. Vance Worley – Worley has given up a .342 wOBA on the road over his career. And the Rangers like to hit at home.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Orioles at Rangers – 11 MPH wind blowing in
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- Carlos Martinez vs. Reds – Martinez is 3-1 with a 2.48 ERA and 34 strikeouts in 32.1 innings against Cincinnati. Let’s see if the Cardinals pitching rotation can stay hot after the great performance by Jaime Garcia yesterday.
- Garrett Richards vs. Twins – Is Richards really sneaky? With Bumgarner, Kershaw, Sale, Keuchel and Greinke all pitching tonight, maybe he is. In any case, the Twins are last in MLB with a .590 OPS against right-handed pitching thus far and have struck out the 3rd most times against righties. Richards is the 6th or 7th most expensive pitcher on the big DFS sites and can give you the most value.
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- Jonathan Lucroy vs. Jeff Locke – Lucroy has hit lefties well over his long career with an .845 OPS and he has had success against Locke going 10/24 with 5 walks.
- Mark Trumbo vs. Martin Perez – Trumbo is locked in this season and is always locked in against lefties against whom he had a .364 wOBA in 2015. I think he will do some damage against Martin Perez today.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Need more DFS picks, waiver wire suggestions, prospect news and general fantasy baseball advice, head on over to Fantasy Rundown.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Wyndham Championship - August 16, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – PGA Championship - August 9, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – RBC Canadian Open - July 26, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017