Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for April 13.
It’s been a fun baseball season so far as every day (I believe) has had a split day/night slate. Today is no different with 3 day games on the docket. So keep MLB.com bookmarked on your work computer and let’s get ready for another great of baseball and another great day of daily fantasy baseball.
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Gregor Blanco vs. Jordan Lyles – 5/10 with 2 extra base hits including a homer
- Nolan Arenado vs. Jake Peavy – 5/11 with 3 extra base hits including a homer
- Howie Kendrick vs. Rubby de la Rosa –10/18 with 2 extra base hits including a homer
- Lorenzo Cain vs. Scott Feldman – 7/13 over their careers
Stacks to Target:
- Giants vs. Rockies at Coors Field – Should be another high scoring game at Coors Field with the underwhelming Jordan Lyles versus Jake Peavy pitching matchup.
- Angels right-handed bats versus Eric Surkamp – Surkamp has allowed a .306/.403/.443 line to righties in his career. Fire up Pujols and especially Mike Trout today.
- Orioles vs. Joe Kelly – Kelly allowed the O’s to hit for a staggering .347/.400/.612 line against him in 2015. The Orioles have been hot to start 2016 and I don’t expect them to slow down today.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Angels at A’s: 12 MPH wind blowing out
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- AJ Griffin vs. Mariners – The Mariners are struggling at the plate right now and Griffin has a 1.69 ERA and 11.8 K/9 in his career at Safeco
- John Lackey vs. Reds – Lackey had a 2.91 ERA 1.029 WHIP and 8.2 K/9 in 3 starts against Cincinnati in 2015.
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- Mike Napoli vs. Drew Smyly – Smyly allowed a tiny .227 wOBA to LHB last year and a .324 wOBA to righties (still good but not great). Napoli kills lefties as he has a wRC+ of 167 against southpaws this year already after having had a 154 wRC+ against them in 2015.
- Yasmany Tomas vs. Travis Wood – Much like Smyly, lefties couldn’t touch Wood in 2015 with a .228 wOBA allowed while righties had a more than respectable .343 wOBA. Tomas actually hits lefties well with a .341 wOBA and 4 of his 9 homers in 2015.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
In it to win it today!
Need more DFS picks, waiver wire suggestions, prospect news and general fantasy baseball advice, head on over to Fantasy Rundown.