Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top DFS Plays for April 12.
Interesting day of daily fantasy baseball today as two of the biggest aces on the board, Noah Syndergaard and Jose Fernandez, go head to head today. Remember, on DraftKings and Fantasy Aces, the win is not as important so choosing both pitchers is a viable strategy. On FanDuel, you select only one pitcher and I would avoid this game because the win is key.
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Ryan Zimmerman vs. Jhoulys Chacin – 5/13 with 3 extra base hits including 2 homers and added 2 walks
- Edwin Encarnacion vs. Masahiro Tanaka – 7/14 with 3 extra base hits including a homer
- Justin Upton vs. Juan Nicasio –5/11 with 3 extra base hits and 4 walks
- Robinson Cano vs. Derek Holland – 15/37 with 6 extra base hits including 2 homers and added 2 walks
Stacks to Target:
- Giants vs. Rockies at Coors Field – One thing that I have noticed in cash games and GPPs is that many people are on the same players. These guys will be heavily owned, so in cash games you might want to hop on the train and in GPPs you might want to differentiate.
- Padres left-handed bats vs. Charlie Morton – Morton is a tire fire against left-handed hitters allowing a .299/.389/.506 to southpaws in 2015 and lefties were even 4/8 against him in his first start. Luckily for him, the Padres don’t start too many lefties, but Jon Jay and Corey Spangenberg at the top will be an interesting and low owned short stack.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Pirates at Tigers: 11 MPH wind blowing out
- Angels at A’s: 13 MPH wind blowing out
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- Aaron Sanchez vs. Yankees – The strikeout is king in DFS and Sanchez has swing and miss stuff. Fanned 8 in 7 innings in his first start
- Derek Holland vs. Mariners – Not for the weak at heart, but Seattle has faced a ton of lefties, and in 111 plate appearances already this season is hitting only .171/.285/.351 against southpaws. Be aware, however, that noted southpaw killers Nelson Cruz and Franklin Gutierrez might change that at any moment.
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- Jon Jay vs. Charlie Morton – Jay has been much better in his career against righties than lefties with a .331 career wOBA against right-handers. As mentioned above, Morton really struggles with lefty hitters.
- Scott van Slyke vs. Patrick Corbin – Van Slyke is one of the best platoon hitters around, destroying lefties with a .373 career wOBA and 142 career wRC+. It’s a matter of time before he has a huge game against a lefty this season.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Here’s to more victories!
Need more DFS picks, waiver wire suggestions, prospect news and general fantasy baseball advice, head on over to Fantasy Rundown.