Neil previews today’s game action and shares his top Daily Fantasy Plays for April 11, 2016.
We have another day with afternoon baseball. If it weren’t snowing up here in Montreal, this would be the most glorious time of year. The daily fantasy slate is looking nice too with some flyball pitchers in tough spots and some aces looking to shut down the opposition.
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
Not too many good ones today:
- Ryan Zimmerman vs. Bud Norris – 6/17 with 3 homers
- Wilmer Flores vs. Jarred Cosart – 4/10 with 2 extra base hits including a homer
- Franklin Gutierrez vs. Colby Lewis – 6/16 with 3 extra base hits including 2 homers
- Matt Joyce vs. Justin Verlander – 6/17 with 3 extra base hits including 2 homers and added 2 walks.
Stacks to Target:
- Mariners vs. Colby Lewis – As a team the Mariners have had success against the Rangers righty with a .302/.351/.524 collective line. Lewis also allowed a .549 slugging percentage to the Mariners in Safeco in 2015.
- Astros vs. Chris Young – Young was impressive his last time out and is greatly aided by the Royals’ stellar outfield defense. Young is an extreme fly ball pitcher, having a FB% north of 58% in each year since 2011. That kind of pitcher plays well in Kansas City, but in the Astros’ bandbox of a ballpark, expect some balls to fly into the seats.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Orioles at Red Sox – 18 MPH wind blowing out
- Padres at Phillies – 15 MPH wind blowing out
- Braves at Nationals – 15 MPH wind blowing out
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- Kyle Gibson vs. White Sox – 4-0 with a 2.13 ERA and 0.803 WHIP in his career versus Chicago.
- Aaron Nola vs. Padres – Nola looked great in his first start of the season and let’s not forget that the Padres have scored exactly 0 runs outside the friendly confines of Coors Field on the year.
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- Nick Castellanos vs. Jonathon Niese – Castellanos is one of my favorite platoon split hitters. Smoked lefties to the tune of .351/.400/.570 in 2015.
- Ryan Howard vs. Andrew Cashner – Lefties had no trouble with Cashner in 2015 with a .383 wOBA against him on the year. Howard can still hit righties as evidenced by his .499 slugging percentage against them in 2015. His .130/.178/.240 line against left-handed pitching keeps his price low on DFS sites, but Howard is still a very useful platoon split player, especially against righties who struggle with lefties.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Here’s to more victories!
For anyone curious, I ended up finishing 24th out of 9,583 in my fantasy golf competition yesterday. I was in 1st when Spieth birdied 9, but his late collapse and Smylie Kaufman’s poor play took me out of the big money.
Need more DFS picks, waiver wire suggestions, prospect news and general fantasy baseball advice, head on over to Fantasy Rundown.
Latest posts by Neil (see all)
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – Wyndham Championship - August 16, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – PGA Championship - August 9, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – RBC Canadian Open - July 26, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – The Open Championship - July 19, 2017
- Daily Fantasy Golf Preview – John Deere Classic - July 12, 2017