Neil (Mr. DFS) previews today’s game action and shares his top Daily Fantasy Plays for April 9, 2016.
There are a lot of aces back on the mound today including Kershaw and Bumgarner facing off as well as Chris Sale and Gerrit Cole. Your choices are either to pay up for premium starters and find value in your lineups, or play your Coors Field guys and find value on the mound. Should be a good day of baseball and a good day of daily fantasy.
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Justin Smoak vs. Rick Porcello – 7/16 with 4 extra base hits including 3 homers. Also added 3 walks
- Matt Kemp vs. Jorge de la Rosa – 22/48 with 12 extra base hits including 4 homers.
- Brian McCann vs. Mike Pelfrey – 19/42 with 10 extra base hits including 2 homers. Also added 6 walks.
- Bryce Harper vs. Tom Koehler – 7/24 with 5 homers.
Stacks to Target:
- Padres vs. Jorge de la Rosa – Team has hit a collective .365/.399/.723 against the Rockies pitcher. Plus the game is at Coors.
- Yankees vs. Mike Pelfrey – The Yanks have mashed Pelfrey to a .359/.417/.528 collective line.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Yankees at Tigers – 15 MPH wind blowing out
- Pirates at Reds – 14 MPH wind blowing out
- Rangers at Angels – Possibility of rainout
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- Drew Smyly – Orioles have hit only .161/.228/.318 and even more importantly have struck out a staggering 39 times in 93 AB versus the Rays lefty.
- Vincent Velasquez – Cheap option who strikes guys out. Had 9.4 K/9 in the majors last year (albeit with spotty control) as well as 12.3 K/9 in the minors. Don’t forget – most daily sites really reward the strikeout!
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- Ryan Raburn – .325/.419/.589 line versus lefties and faces Drew Pomeranz today. Because he is a platoon player his price isn’t as high despite the Coors effect.
- Mark Reynolds – Career .454 slugging percentage versus lefties. Same as Raburn in that he plays at Coors, but does not have as high a salary on most sites as the purported Rockies’ regulars.
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Let’s win in today!
Need more DFS picks, waiver wire suggestions, prospect news and general fantasy baseball advice, head on over to Fantasy Rundown.