Coors Field is open for play today. That changes the whole complexion of DFS baseball. You really have two choices for the afternoon slate – stock up on your Coors Field hitters (even the abysmal Padres) or pay up for pitching and take advantage of good platoon splits (Indians righties and Mets lefties would be a good start).
Here are your quick hit thoughts for today:
Batter versus Pitcher Warriors:
- Eric Hosmer vs. Ervin Santana – 4/12 with 3 extra base hits including 2 homers. Also added 4 walks.
- Yan Gomes vs. John Danks – 6/12 with 4 extra base hits and a walk.
- Yasiel Puig vs. Matt Cain – 4/11 with 3 extra base hits including a homer.
- Josh Donaldson vs. Joe Kelly – 8/14 with 2 BB.
Stacks to Target:
- Padres and Rockies at Coors Field – Enough said.
- Dodgers vs. Matt Cain – Team has a collective .306/.371/.559 against the Giants’ fast fading righty.
- Indians RHB vs. John Danks – Danks allowed a .353 wOBA against right-handed hitters last year.
- Mets LHB vs. Jerad Eickhoff – Eickhoff allowed a .500 SLG% to lefties last year.
Weather Factors to Target or Avoid:
- Phillies @ Mets – 15 MPH wind blowing out
- Indians @ White Sox – 17 MPH wind blowing out with a chance of rain.
Sneaky Pitchers of the Day:
- Jordan Zimmermann – 7 IP 5 HA 2ER and 6 Ks and a win in his lone start against the Yankees in 2015. A small sample size, but I have a hunch.
- Chris Tillman – If you are playing a full day slate and want to fit in some Coors Field players (especially in 2 pitcher formats), Tillman could be a nice cheap option. 3.91 FIP at home last year in a down year and 3.91 career ERA at home.
Sneaky Platoon Split Hitters:
- Mike Napoli – The lumbering first baseman still smoked lefties with a .403 wOBA and 154 wRC+ in a down 2015.
- Adonis Garcia – Love this guy’s name and also his game against lefties. .412 wOBA and 166 wRC+ in 2015. Faces Jamie Garcia today.
- Franklin Gutierrez – One of my favorite platoon split players. .411 wOBA and 168 wRC+ in 2015 against southpaws and faces the underwhelming Eric Surkamp. Mariners righties are another decent stack in addition to the ones I listed above (A Nelson Cruz + Franklin Gutierrez short stack is a good play in multipliers and small GPPs).
Any more questions? Hit me up on Twitter @AssemblyNeil
Good Luck Today!
Need more DFS picks, waiver wire suggestions, prospect news and general fantasy baseball advice, head on over to Fantasy Rundown.