We’ve finished consolidating rankings for every position for keeper leagues as well as a Top 200 Keeper List. Now, it is our pleasure to give you our Top 50 Consolidated Minor League Prospects. Paul’s Top 100 Prospect list is also available if you’re looking for more exciting young players.
For this list, we each ranked our top 45 prospects and then consolidated the lists. Hope you enjoy!
- Buxton and Bogaerts were each given the top spot by 2 of our 4 rankers. Needless to say, you should be pleased with either of them as your number one.
- Not a lot of variance really in the first 13 names. Pete has Springer #4 overall. With his potential for power and speed that ranking looks reasonable, as do the others with the risk involved with his K rate.
- Francisco Lindor ranges from 9th ranked prospect to 24. While there is no question he’ll be a major league shortstop, some wonder if his hitting will be as elite as his fielding.
- Pretty solid consensus on Nick Castellanos. His move back to 3rd base gave him a boost from everyone.
- Billy Hamilton is ranked anywhere from 12 to 39. This seems to be the general consensus for Hamilton as he may not hit enough to get on base to capitalize on that 100 SB speed. 12 might be low for fantasy purposes if he single-handedly wins you a category
- Lucas Giolito is ranked from 14 to 37. Based on last year’s return from injury it is likely better to play it safe. The upside is there though to make 14 look conservative.
- The Stroman/Sanchez debate wasn’t decided by our crew as Paul and Jeff favored Stroman, while Kevin and Pete favored Sanchez.
- Maikel Franco broke out in 2013 and is only listed on 2 of our top 45’s. He’s moving to 1B in 2014 so he’ll need to continue showing 2013 power to be useful for fantasy. (he was 52 on Paul’s top 100)
- David Dahl was ranked as high as 24 by Pete and left off one list while barely making the two others. It was a completely lost 2013, but there remains much to like
- Alexander Guerrero is at 32 for Pete and left off of the rest (was 49 on Paul’s top 100). He offers what should be unique power for the 2B position.